Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Update


Since my last entry, my mom and I went to visit my Gram in the hospice care, and when she saw us, she exclaimed, "You Came!"  Her whole face lit up!  She looked beautiful.  We only stayed about 2 hours at a time, because holding conversations were very taxing on my Gram.  So, we visited with her for the next 2 days before we had to head back home.  I told her that I would call her every day to check up on her, because she gets bored just laying in bed all of the time.

So, over the next 2 weeks I called her in the afternoon at around 3:30pm.  One time, the phone just rand and rang, which was unusual.  So, after about 1 minute, I hung up and dialed the main desk to inquire if someone could go and check on her.  I was told to call back, and the nurse would pick up the phone in her room.  I tried that, and found out that my uncle was with her, and it was him that answered the phone.  I was so relieved, that I was crying, and I said that I was so happy that she was still there.
 He put Gram on the phone, and I could tell that she was heading downhill fast, she couldn't hear very well, and she was not really answering my questions.  I found out later, that she was in so much pain, because her cancer had spread all throughout her body that she was put on morphine drops.  That pretty much makes one incoherent, and puts one to sleep.

Three days later, she passed away at 3:00am April 12, 2017.  Here is the thing, I woke up that morning at 2:30am and couldn't sleep.  I thought of her, and started praying for God to let her rest and to be pain-free, and that if it was her time to go, that she should be at peace.

My family really thinks that my Gram intentionally had waited to see me and my Mom before letting herself go to be with God.  I was sad, but oh so happy that I know that now she is no longer in pain, and she is with the Lord, and her beloved Sig.

No comments:

Post a Comment